Created in 1890 and incorporated as a municipality in 1951, Chevy Chase Village is one of the most historic neighborhoods in Montgomery County. Sitting adjacent to Connecticut Ave, the historic streetcar used to take homeowners downtown for work. The neighborhood sits adjacent to Friendship Heights, providing easy access to the Metro, local shops and restaurants. It also offers its own police department, Village Manager, and community gathering spaces for the nearly 2,000 residents. From parks to tree-lined streets, Chevy Chase Village offers a true neighborhood setting just blocks from urban conveniences.