The difference between good and great can mean the difference between success and failure. We understand that buying or selling a home is a tremendously important life decision and a great agent, like a great doctor, can have an incredible impact on the outcome. When we started Wydler Brothers over 20 years ago, we didn’t want to be “just another agent”, but rather to be an order of magnitude better than the competition.
Because we feel so strongly about the work we do, and at the risk of being “salesy”, below are the top 10 reasons why we think we are the best in the business:
We are passionate about the value we bring to our clients and we appreciate your trust and support. We love what we do and we’d love to have the opportunity to work with you, your friends and or family whenever you have a real estate need.
- We do the right thing. Our clients are our North Star and we strive to do the right thing in everything we do.
- We’re here for life. In the same way you might have a financial wealth manager, accountant, estate planner, etc., we hope you consider us your real estate advisor for life. Anytime you have a question related to real estate, whether it is a renovation, need for a contractor, if or how to purchase an investment property, vacation property, etc. we can help you frame the analysis and make an informed, intelligent decision.
- We’re educated and thought leaders in our industry. You don’t need to be an attorney or have a Harvard MBA to be a real estate agent. That being said, having our level of education and the related prior professional experience is a HUGE advantage in this business. We have written a book on real estate ethics, have trained hundreds of agents in our region and have developed systems and technology that has been adopted across the industry.
- Reputation Matters. While always zealous advocates for our clients, we are also always fair, respectful and courteous with our fellow agents. If there’s a bump in the road, other agents know that they will be able to work with us collaboratively to solve it.
- The Power of a Network. Our network is our super power. As long-time residents and professionals, we have deep ties and strong relationships within our community. These relationships are critical to our success, not just in solving house related problems or identifying and winning off market opportunities for our clients, but also helping our clients solve real life problems.
- We are your deep rudder. On its face, the process of buying or selling a home can appear simple. We are biased but we know that every deal will have twists and turns overlaid with emotions. We will talk through your concerns, past experiences, constraints and goals to help you build the best strategy to meet your objectives. We have the confidence to ask the tough questions and challenge your assumptions to ensure you are making an informed decision.
- Market expertise. We pay close attention to national and regional metrics. Coupled with our intimate knowledge of demand and supply in our local markets, this helps us provide you with thoughtful context and analysis of your home’s value, a critical success factor for you to make your home buying or selling journey a success.
- Marketing Matters. An intelligent marketing plan means knowing how to prepare a home for the market, position it competitively, price it correctly, and promote it aggressively to potential buyers. At Wydler Brothers, we have built a marketing engine that is second to none. Even more exciting, our reach, combined with the marketing power of Compass, the #1 brokerage in the U.S. with dominant market share in all of the major cities and luxury markets in the US, has helped us achieve record breaking results for our clients.
- We get results. At the end of the day what matters for our clients is results. We are the #1 Team at the #1 Brokerage in the DMV. We’ve sold over $2.5B in lifetime sales and are thrilled to say that we have thousands of happy clients. Our success is not an accident.
- We keep it fun! We don’t take ourselves too seriously (at least Steve doesn’t take me seriously, and I don’t take him seriously).
Wydler Brothers have been selling residential real estate for over 20 years in the DC metro area. Along the way, they’ve achieved numerous awards and recognitions, including being recognized as “The Most Innovative Real Estate Agent in America” (Inman, 2014), written several articles for The Washington Post, authored a book, “Inside the Sell”, co-founded a real estate tech company which sold to Move, Inc. in 2013, and built Wydler Brothers into a highly respected boutique brokerage with 70 agents and employees which they sold to Compass in 2019. Currently, Wydler Brothers is among the top 3 teams in the DMV and was the #1 Compass Team in 2022.